BAFE® Latest News
Construction Leadership Council publish updates to Site Operating Procedures (Version 4)
Tuesday 19th May 2020
Information published by Construction Leadership Council 19/05/2020
Information from Construction Leadership Council
The Site Operating Procedures have been updated to incorporate a number of technical changes as a result of the recently published Government guidance on Working Safely during Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Construction & Other Outdoor Work.
The changes in Site Operating Procedures – Version 4 are minimal and include:
- Removal of the requirement for face to face contact to be kept to 15 minutes or less
- The section on PPE now links to the latest Government guidance on face coverings
- References to one-way systems and the reconfiguration of seating and tables and an update on portable toilets
- The requirement to share risk assessments with the workforce
- Clarification on when to travel to work, as set out in the Government’s COVID-19 Recovery Strategy
- Updated links and wording on social distancing.
Download the new version here (external link)
Staffordshire Fire and Rescue is advising businesses to review fire risk assessments Thursday 26th March 2020
Home Office informs the FIA about Key Worker status of fire safety personnel Monday 23rd March 2020
Find a BAFE® Registered Company
Legal obligations nationwide require the appointed responsible person for fire safety for commercial/non-domestic premises to have adequate fire protection.