Complaints must be provided in writing to BAFE and supported by evidence available (photographs/documentation). This can be provided via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by letter to the BAFE office:
BAFE Fire Safety Register, The Fire Service College, London Road, Moreton-in-Marsh, Gloucestershire GL56 0RH
Depending on the complaint, these will be dealt with in different ways:
- If a complaint is regarding a BAFE Registered Company and a scheme operated by one of the BAFE Licensed Certification Bodies this will firstly be escalated to the appropriate body for review (which will then enter their complaints procedure). These are the bodies that will have assessed their competency using the BAFE Scheme criteria and BAFE will work in conjunction with the Certification Body dealing with this investigation.
- If it applies to the Competency of Portable Fire Extinguisher Organisations and Technicians (BAFE Scheme no. SP101) this will be investigated by BAFE directly.
Complaints and our procedures are covered by:
- ISO9001 certification (ISO 9001 Quality Management certificated by BSI under certificate number FS517730): Covering the work of BAFE staff.
- The relevant BAFE Scheme Document: Covering the activities of BAFE Registered Companies in respect to the requirements of the scheme/s to which they are registered.
- UK/EU law and Trading Standards: Misuse/trademark violation of BAFE Intellectual Property (logos/company name/registered trademarks).