BAFE is committed in developing, maintaining, and promoting Third-Party Certification Schemes for the fire safety industry. These competency schemes are regularly reviewed to ensure they continue to support appropriate standards and represent the best levels of quality for fire safety organisations to achieve.
UKAS Accredited Third-Party Certification and BAFE Registration to a BAFE Scheme provides quality evidence of organisation competency (including management of relevant employed individuals) for specific fire safety work.
BAFE operate competency schemes for UKAS Accredited Third-Party Certification in the following areas:
- Fire Risk Assessment (FRA) - A crucial step in performing your duties reducing risk as the appointed person responsible for fire safety within a building (BAFE Competency Scheme SP205).
- Commercial/non-domestic fire detection and fire alarm system design, installation, commissioning and maintenance - Vital to ensure early fire detection, safe evacuation and quick action (BAFE Competency Scheme SP203-1).
- Fire extinguisher maintenance/servicing in addition to sourcing, commissioning and siting the right extinguishers for your building and use of rooms - Important in the event of a small, controllable fire avoiding any risk of escalation to a larger fire that could endanger lives (BAFE Competency Scheme SP101).
- Emergency lighting system design, installation, commissioning and maintenance - Required to provide a clear, safe exit from a building in any emergency (BAFE Competency Scheme SP203-4).
- Fixed gaseous fire extinguishing system design, installation, commissioning and maintenance - Providing a comprehensive fire safety solution for such places as server rooms and other locations where required (BAFE Competency Scheme SP203-3).
- Kitchen fire protection system (kitchen suppression/extinguishing systems) design, installation, commissioning, recharge and maintenance – Paramount in the event of a kitchen equipment-based fire to suppress and extinguish as safely and risk free as possible (BAFE Competency Scheme SP206).
- Dry and wet riser/falling installations service and maintenance - crucial to ensure they are fit for purpose as originally specified and are ready in the event of fire (BAFE Competency Scheme SP105).
- Evacuation alert system design, installation, commissioning and maintenance (BAFE Competency Scheme SP207).
- Domestic (Grade D) fire detection and fire alarm system design, installation, commissioning and maintenance - for appropriate domestic properties to help save lives (BAFE Competency Scheme DS301).