BAFE is committed in developing, maintaining and promoting Third Party Certification Schemes for the fire safety industry. These competency schemes are regularly reviewed to ensure they continue to support appropriate standards and represent the best level of quality for fire safety service providers to achieve.
UKAS Accredited Third Party Certification and BAFE Registration to a BAFE Scheme provides quality evidence of organization competency for a specific fire safety service.
BAFE operate Schemes for UKAS Accredited Third Party Certification in the following areas:
- Fire Risk Assessment (FRA) – A crucial step in performing your duties reducing risk as the appointed person responsible for fire safety within a building (BAFE Scheme No. SP205).
- Fire detection and fire alarm system design, installation, commissioning and maintenance – Vital to ensure early fire detection, safe evacuation and quick action (BAFE Scheme No. SP203-1).
- Fire extinguisher maintenance/servicing in addition to sourcing, commissioning and siting the right extinguishers for your building and use of rooms – Important in the event of a small, controllable fire avoiding any risk of escalation to a larger fire that could endanger lives (BAFE Scheme No. SP101).
- Emergency lighting system design, installation, commissioning and maintenance – Required to provide a clear, safe exit from a building in any emergency (BAFE Scheme No. SP203-4).
- Fixed gaseous fire extinguishing system design, installation, commissioning and maintenance – Providing a comprehensive fire safety solution for such places as server rooms and other locations where required (BAFE Scheme No. SP203-3).
- Kitchen fire protection system (kitchen suppression/extinguishing systems) design, installation, commissioning, recharge and maintenance – Paramount in the event of a kitchen equipment-based fire to suppress and extinguish as safely and risk free as possible (BAFE Scheme No. SP206).
- Dry and wet riser/falling installations service and maintenance - crucial to ensure they are fit for purpose as originally specified and are ready in the event of fire (BAFE Scheme No. SP105).
- Evacuation alert system design, installation, commissioning and maintenance (BAFE Scheme No. SP207).
BAFE also acknowledge the following two BRE/LPCB Third Party Certification Schemes to allow BAFE Registration:
- LPS 1014 Fire Detection and Alarm Systems (BAFE Scheme no. SP201)*
- LPS 1204 Fixed Extinguishing Systems (BAFE Scheme no. SP202)**
*The LPS 1014 Scheme is recognised as a quality option at the same level as the BAFE SP203-1 Fire Detection and Fire Alarm Systems Scheme (all modules: Design, Installation, Commissioning and Maintenance). Organizations registered to the BAFE SP201 Scheme appear in the BAFE Fire Safety Register with registered organizations to the BAFE SP203-1 Fire Detection and Fire Alarm Systems Scheme.
**Organizations registered to the BAFE SP202 Scheme appear in the BAFE Fire Safety Register with registered organizations to the BAFE SP203-3 Fixed Gaseous Fire Extinguishing Systems Scheme.